BHS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
BUSINESS NAME : BHS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
BUSINESS ADDRESS: 1, TAFAWA BALEWA SQUARE COMPLEX, RACE COURSE, LAGOS, NIGERIA
EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected], [email protected]
TELEPHONE : 07045222862, 07045222863
WEBSITE : www.bhsinternationalltd.com,
OUR VISION : To develop close, organic and long term relationships with our clients.
OUR MISSION: To turn Tafawa Balewa Square to a City Centre and Destination of Choice.
BHS International Limited was incorporated in 1996 as Tourism Infrastructural and Industrial development specialist. The company being the concessionaires of Tafawa Balewa Square (TBS) is saddled with the responsibility to provide socio-economic development and turn the national monument into a World Class City Centre and destination of choice. The proposed City Centre will be the first of its kind in Nigeria and West Africa modeled after but the “Sandton City Centre” of South Africa and the “Trade Centre” in Dubai.
The present Tafawa Balewa Square of about 14.5 hectares of land is located at Lagos Island formerly Race Course. It is situated in between the Lagos state High Court, King’s College, Lagos Lawn Tennis Club, Independence Building, former Cabinet and Senate buildings, Muson Centre, City Mall and hold a historical significance being the place where the historical Union Jack Flag was lowered for Nigeria Green White Green in 1960.
- PROJECT BRIEF
The overall concept of this project is to provide for socio-economic development as done worldwide.
- Renovation and expansion of the current 375 shops/offices complex: to provide modern shopping complex that compares favourably with internationals standards.
- Provision of automated pre-fabricated two (2) level underground car parks of about 10,000 spaces under the existing parade ground.
- Provision of two (2) level underground car parking under the existing parking to the rear.
- Provision of huge Shopping Mall of about 1,500 shopping/office spaces.
- Provision of 3 star hotels with all tourism and entertainment potentials: this would create accommodation and all that would measure up to world standards for high brow customers.
- Construction of 1,500 capacity Auditorium.
- Construction of office complex.
- Construction of Events hall with Restaurants and snack bars.
- Construction of Observatory Towers.
These projects are to start immediately.
The overall concept is designed in line with “Sandston City” in South Africa and the “Trade Centre” in Dubai, as a centre-point for tourism, sports entertainment with commerce.
The Company presently manages a Complex comprising of:
- 375 Offices and enclosed lettable spaces occupied by Banks, Law Firms, Travels Agencies, Medical Laboratories, Estate Surveyors & Property Firms, Media & Communication out fits, Botanical Gardens, Insurance Broking Firms, Security & Stock Broken Firms, Nursery/Primary School, Sports shops and host of other businesses and support services.
- 36,000 Square meters Arena with a sitting capacity of 50,000 to 70,000 suitable for various events such as Trade Fairs/Exhibitions, Concerts, Wedding Receptions, Parties, Political Rallies, Carnivals, Religious Gathering etc.
- Multi – Purpose Hall with a sitting capacity of 600 – 800 for events like Indoor exhibitions, Seminars, and other social functions.
- Outdoor and Indoor Advertising window.
- Car park spaces.
To further raise the edifice to the world standard, the development projects mentioned above have to be put in place.
- WORK DONE ON THE PROPOSED PROJECTS SO FAR
In addition to maintenance of the present structure of the complex, the following are being done pending the time funds will be made available to execute the projects.
- Licensed land surveyor was engaged for the preparation of comprehensive perimeter and topographic survey plans of the entire complex.
- Detailed site study was carried out taking notice of the relationship of the existing buildings to be retained and those to be demolished and give way for the new physical developments.
- Preparation of the detailed design brief for the development.
- Preparation of schematic site development plan showing the new proposal as integral part of the existing buildings to be retained.
- Preparation of schematic architectural design concepts for all the building types as integral part of the building to be retained.
- Preparation of the schematic civil/structural engineering design concepts for all the building types as integral part of the buildings to retained.
- Preparation of the schematic electro-mechanical engineering design concept for all the building types as integral of the buildings to be retained.
- Preparation of feasibility/viability study reports.
- Preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA).
- Construction of electrically controlled model.
Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
Ecobank Nigeria Ltd
Keystone Bank Plc
Skye Bank Plc
Access Bank Plc
Zenith Bank Plc